Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I stopped running

I wrote once about how I always felt the darkness closing in on me, chasing me with every step. Now I don't think it was darkness. It was God, pursuing me relentlessly with his love. But at the time I was terrified of that God, seeing him as a judge rather than a loving Father whose passion to love me is more fierce than any power in the universe. Once I realized that God loves me, once I learned to accept myself, once I started to trust him - even in the slightest - I stopped running. And I was violently overtaken by my pursuer. But He did not bring death as I'd imagined. Rather He brought an overpowering sense of life, allowing me to see the truth of who I am and be at peace with that. He brought a holy reckoning on my soul, but instead of being full of condemnation it overflowed with complete and unconditional love and acceptance.

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counter